Picture of aaron pawlak
Thesaurus gone
by aaron pawlak - Wednesday, 25 April 2018, 10:36 PM

Hi,

I just installed libre on a machine running windows 7 in Chinese. I have to keep that because it's my wife's computer.
I had to fiddle around a LOT in order to get the app into English, and I wonder, isn't there some way to choose English when I'm installing it? Instead of it just landing in Chinese and having to struggle to get it back into English?
Anyways, I digress, but this is somewhat related. Now I have the whole thing in English, and although 24 hrs ago the thesaurus was working fine (in English) now it is grayed out. For no reason I can find. It just decided to leave, and I'm not sure how to get it back.
It just seems to me it'd be a great improvement on the part either of Libre or Windows (or Mac, or Linux) to make it so when you put a program in, you choose the language then, you choose the thesaurus then. No matter what I did, it always landed in Chinese, presumably because it knows more than I do - it knows that I want it in Chinese because I'm using a Chinese machine. But that is not always the case.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://ooo-forums.apache.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86731&p=405909

Thank you.