Picture of aaron pawlak
How does Lingo manage ongoing content changes
by aaron pawlak - Monday, 9 April 2018, 11:06 PM

Hi,

My company is looking at providing localised versions of our documentation for our European markets. I'm looking at how we would do the translations, and am hoping Flare has a solution with Lingo.
There would be an initial full translation, but i am more interested in how the translations would be done after that.
Below is what i want to do
Say I have documentation in English and Italian, in two Flare 12 top nav projects. From our website, users can select English or Italian to get the documentation in the language of their choice.
Over the course of a month i make changes to the English documentation /project. For example changing some wording, adding info to topics, adding new topics and editing snippets.
Then at the end of the month, I want to get those changes made in the Italian version of the documentation. I want Lingo/Flare to know what changed, allow me to export those changes and send the applicable strings to a translator using Lingo.
The translator then translates them from English to Italian, and sends all the strings back. I then take those translations and import them into the Italian Flare project, which updates the required sentences and topics with the translated content .
Can this be done with Flare/Lingo?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=29067

Thank you.