Picture of CA Edington
Unable to Write Comments
by CA Edington - Friday, 11 December 2009, 09:33 PM

I am not able to write comments for documents that students have submitted to me. The comment box is showing, but I can't put my cursor in it to write.

Is there a setting I need to change somewhere.

Always something new to discover . . .

Picture of CA Edington
Re: Unable to Write Comments
by CA Edington - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 10:48 PM

I guess no one else has had this problem?
Picture of Don Hinkelman
by Don Hinkelman - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 06:48 AM

Sorry for not answering you right away. Actually, the problem is not clear to me. Could you explain the context more? smile
  • which module?
  • when it worked? when it stopped working?
  • which role? does it work for teachers? admins? students?
  • where is your site and has it been upgraded recently?
  • what browser you are using? Did you try using a different browser to see if that changed anything?

Picture of CA Edington
by CA Edington - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 09:14 AM

Don - Greatly appreciate your response, especially since I know that everyone's particularly busy this time of year. To do my best to answer your questions:

• which module? Assignments - both online and submissions. Actually, I can neither write a comment or a grade (which I don't do).
  • when it worked? when it stopped working? This has been a problem at least all semester; I don't recall when I was last able to make comments.
  • which role? does it work for teachers? admins? students? It doesn't work for Site administrators, Course Creators, or Teachers.
  • where is your site and has it been upgraded recently? At http://elthosting.com/, and it was *upgraded to 1.9.4 on 4 June 2009, at which time I had to reinstall all my courses (and not being able to write comments may have started as a problem at that time, but I didn't need to write them the first semester).
  • what browser you are using? Did you try using a different browser to see if that changed anything? I generally use Firefox but also have tried it in Safari.
* I plan to upgrade again in February, 2010, once classes are over.

Picture of CA Edington
by CA Edington - Monday, 4 January 2010, 02:40 PM

Happy New Year to all!

Just to let you know that I solved my own problem about not being able to write comments. In the lower right corner of the page where students have submitted their assignments is a check box to Allow quick grading. As soon as I checked and saved it, I was able to write comments (as well as give grades, if I wanted to). Such a simple solution!

Hope this helps someone else.

CA

P.S.) Also hope to see you at MoodleMoot in Hakodate, Feb. 13-14.