Picture of David Campbell
Sharing Cart install
by David Campbell - Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 09:48 AM

I just tried to install sharing cart following the instructions, but when I click on Notifications all I get is a blank page. There are no other messages. I am using Moodle 1.9.5. Any suggestions where to look for the problem?
Picture of Don Hinkelman
Re: Sharing Cart install
by Don Hinkelman - Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 11:00 AM

Hi David,
Not sure what the problem is. Did you download the latest version from CVS? What is the release number (6? 8? and date)? Did you put the folder called "sharing_cart" in the blocks folder? Does the Sharing Cart appear in the list of blocks in the Add blocks menu? Let's start with those questions. Or phone me at 080-3235-4408 now if that is convenient for you.
Don
by David Campbell - Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 11:32 AM

Thanks for the quick response Don. I downloaded it from the CVS link on the sharing cart moodle page and it is v20090918 according to the text file in the download. I put it in the blocks folder in the moodle folder, but Sharing Cart doesn't appear in the list of blocks in the Add blocks menu.
Picture of Don Hinkelman
by Don Hinkelman - Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 01:47 PM

Hmmm. You did everything correctly. Time to call in the programmers to find out what is going on. Please email me directly with a few screen shots to show the programmers:
- ftp window showing the path to sharing_cart
- the blank screen you got at notifications with the URL at top

You might try removing the Sharing Cart and installing it again, too.
by David Campbell - Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 03:23 PM

I tried removing and reinstalling, plus login and out again. Neither one made a difference. I need your e-mail address to send the screen shots.
by David Campbell - Tuesday, 6 October 2009, 10:16 AM

Just a quick update. I have tried to install another block and that didn't work either. I didn't get the blank window after clicking notifications, but nothing showed up in the block menu or in the manage blocks. Could be something with my folder/file permissions?