Picture of David Campbell
Problems with short answer questions
by David Campbell - Monday, 30 March 2009, 03:45 PM

I made a quiz that includes some short answer questions. After finishing all the questions I previewed it and it worked fine. I went back later to add a mp3 for the listening section and I get an error message that:

"Could not load question options." and "Failed to load question options from the table question_shortanswer for questionid 5"

I went back in and put in the options, but still get the same error messages. Does mean I have a corrupted mysql database? Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated because I want to make more quizzes before the new school year starts.
Picture of Eric Hagley
Re: Problems with short answer questions
by Eric Hagley - Monday, 30 March 2009, 04:34 PM

David, could you please post the actual question that you created and the steps you took to create it? If you could just copy and past the question over it would be helpful for me to have a look. Thanks. Eric
Picture of David Campbell
Re: Problems with short answer questions
by David Campbell - Tuesday, 31 March 2009, 08:12 AM

Eric,
I wanted to use the short answer like a fill in the blank type question. For example, as part of a conversation I had.

A. Are you a part-time student?

And this was in the question text box.
B. _____, ________. I only go to class twice a week.

Case sensitivity was set to "Yes case must match."

Asnwer 1 was was:

Yes, I am.

and the grade was set to 100% and the question is worth 1 point and penalty factor of 0.1. The feedback box was left empty.