Picture of CA Edington
Course ID Incorrect
by CA Edington - Sunday, 22 March 2009, 09:58 AM
 
I'm in the midst of restoring courses. Had to have my Moodle site moved to a server with a larger capacity, so I'm starting from scratch.

Two courses have been restored perfectly. However, I haven't had success with some others so far. When I try to restore, I get the following message:

Course ID incorrect





Have you had this experience? I don't even know what it means. sad

The following is the backup data for a successfully restored course:

TOEFL backupdata

The following is the backup data for a course for which I got the Incorrect ID message:

TKAM backupdata








As you can see, the course files were restored for both. I have no idea as to how I can successfully restore the latter. Any suggestions?

Gratefully yours,
CA

Picture of Eric Hagley
Re: Course ID Incorrect
by Eric Hagley - Sunday, 22 March 2009, 12:46 PM
 
Just checking,
so, first you have a course that is already set up. You go into the course. On the left you have the course admin menu. You click on "restore". You click on "upload a file" and choose the zipped course file you have dowloaded previously. (It must be a course that was created on the same or older version of moodle - you cannot restore a 1.9.3 version moodle on a 1.9.2 version of moodle). You find the course and click "upload". The course must me a file size that is within the parameters of your site settings. If it is too large, and your upload limit is set lower, you may get errors such as the one you mentioned. If this is the case check the upload limits on the front page site admin>security>site policies upload limit. Once the course is uploaded into the restore/files section you will see the "backupnameofcourse.zip" file. To the right of that is the "restore" option (between "rename" and "list"). Click that and follow the steps. You shouldn't have troubles if you follow these steps. Were these the steps you followed but still had trouble?
Picture of CA Edington
Re: Course ID Incorrect
by CA Edington - Sunday, 22 March 2009, 02:11 PM
 
Eric - I followed the same steps as always (and for the courses that successfully uploaded, as well):

√ You click on "restore".
√ You click on "upload a file" and choose the zipped course file you have dowloaded previously. [It was from an older version of Moodle.]
√ You find the course and click "upload".
√ Once the course is uploaded into the restore/files section you will see the "backupnameofcourse.zip" file. To the right of that is the "restore" option (between "rename" and "list").
√ Click that and follow the steps.

That's when the Error message appeared: Course ID is incorrect.

I even tried a couple of different zipped courses. I set the size for uploaded files to the maximum of 24 MB. The most recent file I tried to upload was 8.6 MB.

I'm frustrated and perplexed, but appreciate your thorough answer, which helped me check that I was following the correct procedure.


Picture of Eric Hagley
Re: Course ID Incorrect
by Eric Hagley - Sunday, 22 March 2009, 02:41 PM
 
Just checking, in the screen shots you sent, the upper one has a "restorelog.html" file. The latter one does not. All my courses have this file in the "restore" section of admin. Was that just cut out in the screen shot that you took, or is it not there? If it is not there, you might like to look at the one you have, if it is blank, perhaps you could just create one in the site that doesn't seem to be uploading properly and see if that helps...
Or you could choose a course that has one and try restoring from that course.
Picture of CA Edington
Re: Course ID Incorrect
by CA Edington - Sunday, 22 March 2009, 06:06 PM
 
The "restorelog.html" file wasn't cut out of the screen shot. You observed correctly in that it wasn't there.

What I tried this time was uploading a smaller zipped archive (872.5 KB, with only the quizzes and a few links, to get the "restorelog.html" file (as can be seen in the attached screenshot). Then I uploaded the larger zipped file (8.6 MG) to be added to the course, but got the same error message.


backupdata

I'll keep trying and let you know if I somehow succeed. Otherwise, . . . (sigh)

Thanks, again!